Wednesday, November 7, 2012

finding my way........

.......that's what I've been doing - finding my way - my new way. From seclusion to a world of distractions. It's going to take awhile for this transition for sure. It's no longer the easy, slip into the shed, work, take a break outside, work and then walking back to the house. Now I walk to the car, drive 15 minutes, walk to the building and then into the studio -

you understand I live in a small town - everyone knows everyone, or so it seems - so once I'm in town, it's oh, hello - yes, I'm wonderful, how are you, really?, oh, didn't know that, hi, yes, I'm in town now, okay, see you later, no I can't hang out, sorry can't stop for coffee, hi, yes, I'm upstairs, sorry not today........you know.

Then I'm inside my workspace - it's not feeling home yet of course - I put the music on, look at the work from the day before, start the work and then, it's then, that I slip into my world - then it's totally home, time passing without knowing it, lost in the surface I've fallen into - then I need a break - I put on my coat, grab my keys and head outside - it's noisy, busy, and alive on the streets - I really like this part. It's so different from before - I can still find pockets of quiet if I like by the water, in a park or walking away from town - but for now, I'm enjoying the aliveness - then I'm back upstairs working - it's afternoon and the dance classes across the hall have started - little ballet dancers filling the hall - late afternoon and I'm ready to stop - I can walk down the hall to my friend's studio and chat for a bit about the days work - I like this too! So you see, I'm finding my new way.....

 the photo below is a painting I finished this week.....


oil and wax on panel, 36x36, 'Riding The October Moon 

 It will take awhile for me to find my 'sweet spot' to photograph here. I'll keep looking and then BAM, there it will be one day.

Hope you are all having a wonderful week! See you on the other side of the weekend....

21 comments:

Jala Pfaff said...

Fantastic work!!!

Roberta said...

So glad that you are enjoying your new studio. I live in a city and I really like that I can be in my studio and then go outside and see people. Then back in the studio, all alone. I seem to need that.

Marie Danti said...

as long as you set your own parameters, it's all good to go!
the vibrancy of working amongst others is an added perk for sure. Your work keeps getting stronger!

Melinda said...

Step by step, you've got new gestures accumulating into new and interesting work. I'm excited for you. This is another lovely piece. No need to rush, right?

Best wishes as you walk in the new space.
xo

Wyn Vogel said...

You will find the influence - the aliveness sneaking into your work I am sure!! Maybe not ballet dancers - but maybe!!

New starts mean great transitions in work normally so when you settle you will be surprised at what comes through!! Good luck!! Will look forward to seeing it all evolve!

ArtPropelled said...

You will find your groove and this new experience will feed your creativity..... though looking at the painting I would say you are finding your way pretty quickly.

Annie said...

Good to hear about how your studio days are settling. Love that sense of light streaming across this new piece. Ax

Daryl said...

sounds perfect to me ...

red-handed said...

There's a bit of wandering / ambling in this work, too ...

Jeane said...

hello Jala, thank you so much, so glad you stopped by :))

it's new for me Roberta, but I can see why it would work for you - something about stepping outside ourselves has a way of reving different muscles, no? thanks for coming by :))

thank you so much Maria, and yes, definitely it has it perks! but definitely setting parameters is a must! as you say! :))

absolutely no need to rush for sure Melinda - so happy I have time to settle in and see how the work is going to define my days - it is absolutely the right step for me at this time!! xo

very encouraging words Wyn, thank you - those little ballet dancers are precious and make me smile at their enthusiasm and energy all dressed in pink tutus - wonderful! :))

good morning Robyn, thank you! I can feel myself settling down and the need for the work to manifest, so that is really good!! It's starting to get cold here but working in a warm space is so delicious!! I feel blessed! xox

thank you Annie, and actually that probably is truly real light from the window streaming across this piece - I'm going to try and get a better photo today and keep searching for the new photo spot! xox

I'm feeling very blessed right now Daryl - I don't take any of it for granted xox

there is, isn't there DJ - me wandering a new landscape finding my place - thank god I'm disciplined and can put that on until this starts to feel like home - thanks for coming by :))

ZenDotStudio said...

well we just have to look at this newest painting to see that the new space is working! yes, transitions always offer new things!

anca gray said...

what a gorgeous luminous piece! aptly titled!

and oh, the glorious distractions! here's to aliveness and new rhythms of life and work! cheers!

Jan Ward said...

I am very much enjoying listening as you make this new transition. Your words make it all so clear. I try to relate, put myself in your shoes, feel what it must be like. I appreciate you sharing as it allows me to try on 'change' to see if it might fit me too.

Poetic Artist said...

Your work is so beautiful..Calming always for me.
Thank you,
Katelen

Bren said...

It certainly sounds like you've found a rhythm already and are handling the distractions of people and invites quite well! And this new piece is certainly proof enough that it's working! Beautiful piece.

Jeane said...

good morning Carole, yes, transitions offers all kinds of new things, no? I think it is very good and another way to push the edges of my art practice for sure - have you got your mittens and hats out yet? yesterday was pretty darn cold here - need to throw an extra pair of gloves and an extra scarf in the car - my little winter mini pac! xo

many thanks Anca and yes, the distractions are becoming my everyday - I'm finding it all very good! your new work is stunning!! :))

Hi Jan, thank you! it's a pretty radical step for me but I'm finding it all very positive and the new challenges keep me moving forward which I really like! glad you stopped by :))

many thanks Katelen - it's how I calm myself also - good to see your beautiful self :))

hello Bren, yes, once I was committed, I had to pretty much jump in and start heading for the other side of this newness - finding it very good! thank you xo



Amber of Butane Anvil said...

Lovely update! I have a special heart-place for those little dancers.

Jeane said...

good morning Amber - it's hard not to find all that little girl energy wrapped up in pink tutus and sparkly hair ribbons enchanting - their siblings fill the hall with another kind of energy while they wait for their princess sisters to finish class - theirs is all running, climbing, hiding, while their mothers text, talk and watch - last night there were the teenage girls - a totally different scene - intensity and discipline and on it goes :))

Evie said...

Jeanne, this new piece is so calming, I love it!

Jeane said...

hi Evie, thank you so much, glad you liked it, however, it has taken a left turn and been painted over just yesterday!! I guess I'm not feeling very calm right now - it's new face will come here soon, thanks for coming by xo

Don Pezzano said...

Now THIS one is amazing. Just stunning!