Thursday, April 10, 2014

it's all good.........

I ran into a dear friend the other day as I was sitting in front of the local grocery store enjoying a scone with jam and some sun.  I had finished at the studio for the day and was taking a break before my next stop.  My friend joined me and we began that sort of quick catch up that we all do.  He is in the final week of rehearsal for 'King Lear', in which he has the title role.  We are old theatre buddies so it was fun to hear his experience mounting this Shakespearean  tragedy.  Working with some pros, including the director and some dear amateurs whose talents equal the professional actors on board.  As we were getting ready to leave he asked how I was, and 'did I miss theatre'.  I didn't even blink when I heard myself saying, I was better then I've been in years and the happiest I've been in years.  I told him how excited I was everyday to get up and know that soon I would be in my studio, earbuds in, painting the hell out of something.  I couldn't have said that 4 or 5 years ago. I hadn't really thought about it until I heard myself say it out loud.  Quite the revelation.  Shelving one passion and finding another I'm even more passionate about.  The pic below shows my two work tables and all the things I love to mix up together on a surface!!!

work tables
and the next photo is a piece I finished this week.  

mixed media on panel, 36x36, 'Falling Into Tuesday'

Hope all of you are finding as much joy in your work!  See you all back here very soon!

12 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Your passion shows in your work. Wonderful!

ZenDotStudio said...

Isn't it interesting that sometimes we don't know exactly where we are in the landscape until we hear ourselves say it out loud?

I am always inspired by your passion and from my place on the landscape it's also good to hear that it wasn't always so.

Love seeing the stack of paintings by the studio window.

Patrick Lucas said...

Yes it is a pleasure to thrive in that we create. Your work is exceptional and so beautiful

Ruth Andre said...

Lovely to find your true passion in painting. This is a wonderful painting.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I believe your header photo with your new pieces stacked together speak of your transition and journey ...a painter everyday!

Jeane Myers said...

many thanks Jo!! I think that is true of all of us who have found their passion in creative endeavors, no? xo

Yes, that is so interesting Carole!! I'm sure this has happened to all of us many times in our lives. Until spoken, it's elusive. OMG, that is only one stack - there is work EVERYWHERE I just keep making it like it's going somewhere! ha! xo

Yes! it is such a Pleasure isn't it Patrick!! and thank you so much! :))

Hello Ruth, lovely, yes, very lovely indeed!! I feel so lucky everyday, :))

Oh, my, Mary Ann - such a difficult transition it was in the beginning, but has turned into the most wonderful time in my life....lucky me!! xo

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Living it, loving it, doesn't get better than that. Love this new piece, wonderful colour palette, yummy

Jeane Myers said...

It certainly does not Bren, and thank you so much. Hope spring has come to your part of the world. We have become intoxicated here. Xo

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Still mired in snow, in fact it snowed just yesterday and today it's a deep freeze out there! Still spring will come :-)

Jeane Myers said...

yes it will Bren!! I'm wearing a sweatshirt and socks again!! We've been teased so we know it's comeing....xo

Seth said...

Quite a revelation indeed. And that joy and passion you describe is quite obvious in every piece you make (and remake)!

Jeane Myers said...

Good morning Seth, yes it was. I do believe you recognize your innate passion for the work in others. Thank you! Xo